Dating Guide 2
Use Great Photos
(article from internet dating guide)
However you get your photos, it’s very important that you have good quality photos in order to attract matches and especially your soul mate. To help you make your profile photos stand out amongst the other singles on your internet dating site, we’ve put together some online dating photo advice to get you started.
Ten Tips to Great Internet Dating Photos
1. Make your first photo a head shot and be sure to smile.
2. Be prepared when taking new photos. Plan ahead by deciding what you want to wear and deciding on the setting and the lighting.
3. For portraits, wear your best colors and wear solids. Wearing a shirt or dress that’s the color of your eyes is always a surefire bet. If you have blue eyes, wear blue. If you have brown eyes, wear brown. And if you have green eyes, wear green. Also, you may want to try on several different shirts or dresses ahead of time and have a friend help you choose which looks best.
4. For portraits, use indirect light. Try shooting in a place where the sun or other light reflects off the wall.
5. Use professional quality photos if possible, but also, post a few fun, candid shots as well. Candid shots will make you more accessible to the relationship-minded men and women on your online personals site.
6. Include photos that show what you love about your life – your passions, hobbies, friends, family and more.
7. Make sure your photos are in focus and close-up enough so people can see your smiling face.
8. Keep old boyfriends, girlfriends and colleagues out of the picture. In addition, never cut out or blackout someone in a photo. If you do use a group shot or one with a loved one in the picture, be sure to identify yourself in the commentary if possible.
9. Keep your photos recent. Most singles on your online dating site are looking for a relationship and they want to see the real you. The real you now, not ten years ago. Posting current photos shows confidence and honesty and will help you attract the kind of people you’re looking for -- the kind of men and women with whom you can have a real relationship.
10. Update your photos often. On some sites, this will move your profile up to the top in searches so more singles will see your gorgeous, smiling face! Also, adding new photos will show other singles on your dating site that you’re active on the site, excited and confident about your life.
Finding Love on the Net
More advice from by Howard Brian/Martin Edgar. (Ultimate Guide to Internet Dating available from Amazon.)
Is it possible to find love on the Internet? You bet it is. Though dating sites won't give out specific information about nuptials among their paid membership, we know of many married couples who admit they met on the 'net.
It is possible to find your soul mate and true love in cyberspace. It might even happen when you least expect it. You may join thinking you just want potential sex partners and end up discovering the love of your life. You never know.
Your best strategy for finding love is to keep an open mind and "meet" as many women as possible. And keep in mind that, all too often, love happens when you least expect it. Some-times, the harder you look, the more elusive it may become.
Our advice: Concentrate on meeting as many potential partners as possible. Hone your profile continually and keep searching for the right chemistry. If you want a partner for life, look for a friend first. The best relationships we know started that way. Focus on having a good time. After all, life is too short for anything else.
Don't give up.
The men who participated in a People magazine poll created a dating wish list that included sincerity (14%), sense of humor (11%), a good body (9%), intelligence (8%), nice eyes (8%), ambition (6%), a nice butt (5%) and a nice smile (4%). We defy anyone to explain the logic behind these figures. The remaining 35% included hundreds of other wishes, none of which comprised even 1%.
The women, as you might expect, were a bit less physical when they listed sense of humor (25%), sincerity (13%), nice eyes (9%), nice smile (8%), good body (7%), intelligence (5%), height (4%), ambition (4%) and a nice butt (1%).
Safety always a priority!!
Even though online dating is a wonderful way to meet men and women, boasts tens of thousands of marriages, has millions of singles connecting around the world daily, and has become the norm when it comes to 21st century dating, singles online still wonder if they need to take any precautions with it comes to meeting men and women on the Net.
Single women and single men are concerned with whether or not people are being honest in their dating site profiles. They wonder if the photos of the women and men they see at their online dating service are current or even real. And singles wonder how to stay responsible and safe when it comes to talking on the phone or meeting offline for a date with a man or a woman they just met at their dating site.
Many online dating sites encourage their members to be honest and responsible and some even offer services to keep their members feeling as comfortable and safe as possible.
But when it comes down to it, looking to meet singles at an online dating site is very similar to looking for your match in your neighborhood singles bar or at a sporting event, church social or grocery store. You’re meeting people you’ve never met before, and it’s important that you feel comfortable and safe.
And how can you keep it safe while you find love online and off? The key factor is to use common sense!
Here are a few common-sense reminders to follow to get you started.
Ten Tips to Online Dating Safety
1. Keep your personal information private until you feel comfortable. This means phone numbers and private email addresses and your full name. And never give out your home address until you’ve met a new match in person a few times. Almost all dating sites give you an anonymous email account which you can use to correspond with your matches, so this should be easy.
2. Create a free email account specifically for online dating. When you are ready to give potential matches your private email address, create a free account that you can use specifically for online dating. Yahoo, gmail, mac and AOL all provide free email addresses. Using a new personal dating email address will allow you to keep your regular email anonymous if a relationship doesn’t work out. When you do create a free internet dating email address, remember not to use your full name as part of the address.
3. Use a cell phone instead of your home phone when you do give out your phone number. This will allow you to keep your home phone number anonymous.
4. Take your time when getting to know someone online. Email back and forth for a while. Chat online. See how you feel in the conversations. Talk on the phone before meeting in person. And if anything makes you uncomfortable or unsure, keep it online until you do feel sure, or say thank you and end the relationship then and there.
5. Make sure you see a photo before meeting in person. Seeing one or more photos of a match will give you a bit more insight into the person and will give you another chance to see what your gut instinct tells you.
6. Make sure all first dates are in a public place. Preferably a coffee date, so that if it‘s not a match, you can leave after a short period of time.
7. Arrange your own transportation to and from your first few dates. You’ll feel much more comfortable keeping your home address private.
8. Tell a friend about all dates. Give your friend information about your date, including a photo if possible or a link to your date’s profile. Tell your friend when and where you’re meeting your date and call when you return from your date.
9. Trust your instinct about the men and women you meet. Do so online before you meet in person and then offline too. And if you don’t trust your own gut, get a second opinion from a friend. You can show your friend your correspondence with your new matches or even invite a friend along to meet your matches in person.
10. Enjoy yourself and stick with the singles that make you feel good about yourself. This is just another way of saying trust your gut. Just like you’ll know if something isn’t right, you’ll know when a match is right. And the singles that feel right are the ones you want to meet anyway.